Saturday, April 2, 2011

Hello! They're Discussing the Missing Blue Sock And Lefty Thinks They're Alone.

The dialogue is straightforward, the body language is unmistakeable. Twin on left is pressuring twin on right to agree that Daddy, who is better at kicking butt, will want an explanation for what happened to his other blue sock..."You need a PAIR!" he explains to the one missing his other sock. "I don't want to look like a moron and have to explain why my Mother dresses me funny, my Daddy couldn't dress himself decently without her either! Do you want to be like Daddy and not look well put-together?" Twin on Right - unlike bro - is aware of Mommy in recording mode and first rejects the notion, then transcends the obvious appeal to fear. While twin on left gets ever more passionate about insisting he locate the other sock, followed by a demonstration of what Dad can do to whomever gets out of line...twin on right is amused at what Mommy won't have to do to make the little punk wish he had never learned to say "DaDa." With a breathless "MaMa." he tries to warn the fool, turning away as if to say: "I cannot have this conversation with you: she's standing right there, Asshole." As the little conniver turns with a bravado exceeded only by his insensitivity to his brother's bare-footed predicament, he gets the 1/2 "Oh, Crap! How much did she hear?" look mixed with the 1/2 "That's my story and I'm sticking with it." look before returning to the discussion, now covering his tracks with a "I'll help you find your sock." promise..."Whew!" thinks Baby on Right. MaMa knows where my sock is and will put the camera down to replace it on my foot."

No comments: