Sunday, July 5, 2009

Taking her medicine and moving onj

Who says Palin plans to remain a Republican? Didn't Joe Lieberman become an "I" once Connecticut Democrats denied him their nomination? Losing with Gore left Joe free to bunk with his contemporaries, and Palin can do the same.

A woman who had to work her way through the only college she could afford learned lessons of Economics that aren't taught at Columbia or Harvard. She learned to prioritize, preserve resources, make do and accept herself. Hunters, fishermen and outdoor sports in her stomping grounds infuse her with THEIR values, the spirit of THEIR beliefs. They are the ones who elected her, their wishes guide her. In HER circle of influence, hunting from helicopters is no different from hunting from speed boats in Florida. Heck, she likely does more thinking while running than Maureen Dowd does over white wine while she "researches" her next OpEd. Those Monkey Pumps they ridicule? Ask any mom who makes do with vintage resales why it's worth it to spend the clothing allowance on something for the kids. Meet the people who vote for you at the WalMart.

Really, ladies of the Elite Media and Schools of Thought; wouldn't you sniff your rejection of me without consideration rather than treat me with respect for what I might bring to the table? She is in your world, not OF it. Everybody knows YOU make the rules in your world. Palin certainly respects that, and so do I. Plenty of us know OUR resumes were laughed out of the nyt: our worth is not a recognized value in your protective guild. Take the pulse of your loyal readers in Alaska. My guess is you're not on their radar... Who could say we'd have different views if we were in your shoes? I wouldn't judge you because I don't sit in your office, enjoying the Agency Power built by your predecessors' brilliance. I don't live in fear of losing my job, nor is my work motivated by the preservation of my status. I'm blessed to be unemployed at the moment. Thus free to read your stuff. O.K. Sara Palin can't be a feminist because she doesn't share your views, she can't speak for you. Her self confidence is earned. She resigned to free her to serve full time as a whipping girl for the blood sports. She doesn't share your "taste" in wine, clothes (from what I hear, maybe she does!) or friends. You're an insider, Camilla. Sara's just a debutante in the fringes of the world you covet. Heaven help us if she makes it in when you can't.

No comments: