Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Processing Angel Perspective

Things are falling into place as I consciously work through pressure as though it were success clouded in the opportunities presented by the other side.  Draw a line and it is of one value,  but that line now has two sides.  As I gather balancing gravitas, which I do by considering the views I once dismissed as racist, Republican or just ignorant, I find I can, indeed, see what they're saying!

The fiasco of the Democratic Primaries of 2008 so offended me as an American that I can only lend MSNBC an eye and an ear, dismissing ALL of what they air as obama-blowing bullshit.  They make good money supporting him and they make it abundantly clear that they are stupid for not doing the same thing I learned works: consider all sides respectfully and back off your aggression.

But they don't.  So when I heard Lawrence O'Donnell going through the roof with umbrage at something said by Hillary Clinton - he may not be as hateful as Keith Olbermann, but he's every bit as overbearing.  So I don't even lend Lawrence the E & E.  Without Pat Buchannan on Morning Joe, the program holds absolutely nothing of interest to me.  Mika preening for Mark Halperin who is getting the huge chest that mimicks the big balloon heads Tina Brown once accused Hillary Clinton and Princess Dianna of getting, and guys like Michael Steele and those black gays from the Washington Post taking positions intended for journalists who contine to regale Obama with daily songs of praise.  Bible writers and scribes.

So I get a giggle from Brian Killmead and Gretchen Carlson, and feel a little superior that I recognize Steve Doocie is a gossip and, like the MSNBC guys, is so thankful to have a job, he managed to get his son hired just like Luke Russert got his job.  Women like Megyn Kelly can give it back to Bill O'Reilley with such substance that Bill-o has actually re-centered and become a bit more respectable.  But back to my post.  Ann Coulter was once somebody I hated.  I hated everything she said.  I hated her voice, the sight of her, her attitude.  I resisted everything Coulter said as I carried a sanctimonious righteousness that she was crude, vile and absurd.  I considered her one-sided bashing of Democrats on par with Rush Limbaugh and never expected a balanced observation from her.  Until she said that if John McCain was the nominee, she'd campaign for Hillary Clinton who had more Conservative Credentials.  That statement stunned me into sitting up straight and recognizing that Coulter is a self-described Conservative-ish.  She hates wimpy Republicans as much as she hates stupid Liberals.  She sees what is and doesn't need a dingbat Liberal parrot telling her what she sees. 

I was reading my email yesterday morning while she was pitching her new book, "Mugged" to Steve Doocie.  She was doing the same tour of disrespectful bashing of the lefties that she does, and then she made the crack about how Lawrence O'Donnell and Bill Maher dig black girls and they think they're freedom riders.  Up went my eyebrows and even though I was alone in my office, I looked around the room to see if anybody else had heard that.  Then I scrunched up my face, threw back my head and laughed heartily.  I keep cracking up, even now, when I think of it.  It was a straightforward assessment of everybody she mentioned.

Kos and mediate both noted it was RAYYY-CISSST, as they do, and all in all it was a jolly good wrap on the jagoffs and the black women who hook up with them in the NYC party scene.  Have attit, hackers.  Coulter nailed all of you, not on your Right, and not on your Left, but Justa Justa.

No comments: